Description Welcome

I've always been an experimentalist in the kitchen. Just ask my Mom. I loved to invent new recipes when I was younger. Though I flopped a lot I never lost that drive to tinker with flavors and food whilst creating my own signature versions. Now, I've added experience, photography and the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle to my repertoire and I'm excited to bring you my brand new adventures!Since I don't believe in sacrificing my taste buds for the sake of health here is where you're going to find the recipes I've scoured for (and more than likely tweaked) to be successes in that brutal criteria. I guarantee vibrant flavor and textures that will make you happy that you switched to REAL food.So please come on in! Grab a spoon and a mug before you cozy in at my kitchen table. We'll chat awhile about health and life and all the things we love while I serve you up some of my favorites!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

If only there were smell-a-vision.....

Another recipe I've recently enjoyed getting acquainted with is
 Cinnamon Roasted Almonds.

Now don't fly off your rocker rushing to the pantry thinking these are the kind that you cannot resist buying at the mall because the tantalizing smell follows you everywhere. The first bite you taste, warm and comforting, sweet and spicy cinnamon. Yeah, I don't  have that secret recipe for you today. However, I present to you this deliciously tantalizing and dare I say, slenderizing, version. Now you can feel good about eating a whole handful without undoing your budget or your slim waistline (or waistline in progress, don't worry ladies I'm right there with ya!). Plus, you can make them at home right now, today, in your pajamas. Go ahead! I'm not judging. The comfort of home, the comfort of food, they just go together in the most wonderful ways!
 This recipe makes quite a few single servings (I try to keep my serving size to about 16 almonds because it's really easy to overdo on portion sizes with something so yummy!) so I divided the batch up into 2 Ziploc quart bags and froze half for later. This ensured they stayed super fresh and yummy without that dreary stale taste. Of course, if you have several in your family who like almonds, these will be gone in a flash! They are great for a quick on the go snack or even for a little sweet after dinner satisfaction. For you THMers I even used them for the Cheesecake Berry Crunch recipe in the book (previously I used raw almonds) and I love it even more! Who knew that was possible!  ;)



 
 If you aren't following any diet restrictions feel free to try it with normal granulated sugar. However, if you are doing a THM lifestyle like I am you can super easily swap out the white sugar for granulated erythritol or Truvia 1:1.  Also, I found that real egg whites whip up best for this recipe, the carton whites generally stay pretty liquidy and don't whip up even if you do add some cream of tartar to them. I used a mixture for this recipe because I was short on time but I wish I had taken the few extra minutes to separate some fresh whites. The more foam you have the more cinnamon/sweetener mixture sticks, and who doesn't want more sweet & spicy in their lives right!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for edifying as the need may be, that it may give grace to them that hear." Ephesians 4:29

"Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." (Colossians 4:6 ESV)


I'd love to hear from my readers, however, any comments that do not follow the above template will promptly be deleted. Thank you and have a lovely day.

Maiden Princess