Description Welcome

I've always been an experimentalist in the kitchen. Just ask my Mom. I loved to invent new recipes when I was younger. Though I flopped a lot I never lost that drive to tinker with flavors and food whilst creating my own signature versions. Now, I've added experience, photography and the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle to my repertoire and I'm excited to bring you my brand new adventures!Since I don't believe in sacrificing my taste buds for the sake of health here is where you're going to find the recipes I've scoured for (and more than likely tweaked) to be successes in that brutal criteria. I guarantee vibrant flavor and textures that will make you happy that you switched to REAL food.So please come on in! Grab a spoon and a mug before you cozy in at my kitchen table. We'll chat awhile about health and life and all the things we love while I serve you up some of my favorites!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Creative In The Kitchen: Waffles


As you know, I'm a foodie photographer. :)  I love to capture the textures and beauty of real food in the making. I love food. At every stage. I lick spoons. I use my fingers. I love swirls and drips.

I am excited to share with you today the latest recipes I've been experimenting with in the kitchen.

About 12 weeks ago I started my journey on the THM lifestyle. It has been a marvelous journey towards being completely whole and healthy in weight and food. Balance over all. Over the next few months, I will post more about my journey but, for now, I've had a lot of fun getting creative in the kitchen with healthy recipes that satisfy those nagging cravings for the full flavored foods we all love.

 Recently, I've been sick of chocolate and was ready for a bright spring change, like Lemon Bars and Spice Cookies. Of course, let's start with a breakfast of comforting waffles to get the juices flowing. :)

I've been looking for a healthy waffle recipe for quite some time. I'm not a huge pancake person but I love waffles. The crunch and all those little pockets that hold syrup and butter. Oh goodness. Yes, I'm waffles all the way!
 
 
I ran across this recipe from Pinterest. Which, if I haven't mentioned yet, is one of my favorite place to get stocked up on inspiration. If you are a fellow THMer than you know that finding an S recipe was an essential for me. I want my waffles slathered in butter and who wants to forgo the coffee with half and half. Or a mock Starbucks Frap like I experimented with this morning. {So good! Recipe later. :) }  Because of the almond flour this is definitely in S(satisfied) territory and it's also great for anyone gluten free because there is no grain involved.
 
 
Almond Flour Yogurt Waffles - S

1 1/3 C.  Almond flour
2 Tbsp erythritol (I used just under that of Truvia)
2 Tbsp Ground Flax Meal
1 Tsp Baking powder
1/2 Tsp Baking soda
1/2 Tsp Xanthan gum
1/4 Tsp Salt
4 large Eggs
6 oz. Plain greek yogurt (I use 0% Greek)
3 Tbsp. melted butter, cooled
1/4cup almond milk
 
 
Originally, the recipe called for protein powder, but I don't always like the taste of that in everything. I can get my morning protein from turkey bacon with my waffles so I decided to leave it out the first time I made them. However, I noticed they tended to be flimsier than I liked for a hearty morning waffle. So the next time I made them I subbed flax for the protein powder and I was so happy with the results!
I give all credit to Miss Renee for this fabulous find that has revolutionized weekend breakfasts for me. You can find the original recipe and the rest of the directions over at Live. Love. Dream.
 
 
They even made it into my #1,000 Gifts Blessing Journal!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for edifying as the need may be, that it may give grace to them that hear." Ephesians 4:29

"Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." (Colossians 4:6 ESV)


I'd love to hear from my readers, however, any comments that do not follow the above template will promptly be deleted. Thank you and have a lovely day.

Maiden Princess